Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Snowflakes

When Rebecca of Dropcloth Samplers posted a new ornament sampler a few weeks ago, I was right on it! I love snow and snowflake motifs, so it was an obvious decision. As usual, the ornaments were stitched with #8 Wonderfil perle cotton.


Originally, I'd had in mind to stitch them all with Wonderfil Dazzle, with a silver metallic thread running through it. As it turned out, it was a little finicky to work with, so I only used it on one snowflake (below). I had actually purchased a Sparkle Kit, too, just to add a little bling for a change. 


So I used some beads and sequins here and there...



Note that I tried a different 'border stitch' on each one, top to bottom: chain stitch, woven back stitch, stem stitch, and couching. That was a fun little challenge.

The finished ornaments are just 3" diameter, and I added perle cotton hangers. I forgot to take a photo, but they are all backed with a darker blue Essex Homespun. Do you have a favorite?

3 comments:

  1. Great stitching! And perfect for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! It's tough to pick a favorite, but perhaps the yellow edged one might be it for me. Do you have a favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These will be wonderful hanging on a Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete