So when I left off two weeks ago, our new floors had just been covered up to project them, which is great, but we miss seeing them! Week 7 felt a little ho-hum, not that nothing got done, but it just didn't feel as impressive as other steps. The whole area was painted, and cabinet toe-kicks and molding were installed, so at least the space was looking more finished.
Week 8 though, saw some major improvements! Our quartz countertops were installed!
As was our sink.
Then over the next three days, the full-height ceramic tile backsplash went in. Note that an accent tile went behind where the cook top and hood will eventually be.
All the tile was 12" x 24", and I really like how it was installed vertically.
I had fun helping pick out the grout, and once that was done, it looked so good.
Between the counters and the backsplash, it really feels like were close to a finish. Sure, we still need lighting, appliances, and a final coat on the floors, but considering how far we've come, it seems like the end is fairly near.






Whoohoo! I'd say "progress is progress". Every thing ticked off is awesome and one step closer. Though I bet you want it done - yesterday. It is mesmerizing to read how different the project timeline is from what I know... though I live in a rented apartment. I will go ask around how homeowners experience it here. xo
ReplyDeleteIt looks so good!! And quartz countertops are an excellent choice.
ReplyDeleteIt's looking fantastic! I hope the finishing touches come together in quick order now.
ReplyDelete