Monday, April 2, 2012

52 lists in 52 weeks//week 44 and Other Such Randomness

This week's list assignment actually is quite helpful!

In April I want to.....
As to other randomness . . . 

I love when website names tell you exactly what you're looking for. (ie. I bought hubcaps once from www.ineedahubcap.com. Serious.) Anyway, when cleaning out my magazine rack last weekend, I was thumbing through one and noticed http://www.heatpressbattingtogether.com/ and had to check it out. Has anyone tried this product?? Inquiring minds want to know. . .

And if you're participating in the Zakka Style Sew-Along, or even just bought the book for future use, be sure to note the errata list referenced on flickr today . . .

I was so excited to come across this block, which was the inspiration for my scrappy depression blocks! Now I can properly give credit to Ryan Walsh, of Ryan Walsh Quilts.
1. Buzz Cuts for Andrea

Have you been following the Fat Quarterly Modern Madness 2012?? Starting with 64 of quilty blogland's favorite fabrics, it's down to Ruby by Bonnie & Camille for Moda Fabrics and Echo by Lotta Jansdotter for Windham Fabrics. Wow! There's been several rounds when I was pretty surprised by the results! There's still time to vote!

And lastly, in the spirit of full reveal and all, if it seems that I made alot of blocks for March's Modern Blocks Bee, that's because I {somehow, crazily} made my initial blocks with the wrong background! I just couldn't sleep until I made up a new block and sent it off. (Not totally true, but it did really bother me!) 
"Pathways"
"Pathways" designed by Weeks Ringle & Bill Kerr

Enough randomness for one day - better get back to marking things off my list!

8 comments:

  1. love the march madness. so clever.
    the final two are so different, it's a hard pick for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some of that heat press batting stuff but have yet to try it. Not really any help. Nice lists, I hope you share the clock, there are so many kinds to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, I love that you keep me up to date on what's going on. Thank you!

    You've got quite a few things planned for April! It looks like you'll be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your lists - I find them quite inspiring. Now I'm thinking about what I would like to accomplish this month, craft-wise and otherwise.

    So you re-did that bee block, hey? I probably would have eventually done the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've use that heat press stuff. It works beautifully! I never found that joining batting by hand stitching worked - my stitches always seemed to pull apart. And machine stitching resulted in stretched batting even when I used the walkign foot.

    My only tip is to make sure you're using 100% cotton batting. If there's any poly in your batting (i.e. Hobbs Heirloom), it might melt on your iron.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're quite right, that was very random lol

    Love the lists, and the blocks, and I have voted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the lists, and that blue pathways block, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so funny! I hadn't even realized there was anything wrong with your first set of blocks. But your Pathways one looks great! I'm sure she still loves the first two you made as well. Good luck on checking things off those lists!

    ReplyDelete