Friday, April 20, 2012

A Table Tidbit

Lately hubby's been enjoying NPR while he's driving, and while in the car last night, it was on, and we listened to Molly Wizenberg tell about her basic salad dressing recipe. She called it 1-3-5 and all it is really is 1 Tb. Dijon mustard, 3 Tb. vinegar of choice, and 5 Tb. extra virgin olive oil, shaken and served.

So tonight I tried it using sherry vinegar, plus I added a pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.

I asked hubby to take a picture of the cruet before I poured it on our salad (delicious, by the way).
"I added a clove of garlic," I told him.
"Of course you did," he replied.

6 comments:

  1. I like garlic in most things, too. :o) I'll have to write this down. Looks easy and sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta protect against those vampires, right? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a recipe just like this and haven't bought bottled dressing in years. It just tastes so fresh! I'm a garlic girl too (love it). You can also add chopped shallots or chives to the recipe. Yumm....

    ReplyDelete
  4. My "go to" dressing is similar. Equal parts maple syrup, oil, and balsamic vinegar. Then a teaspoon or two of dijon mustard to keep it all together. It is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a simple recipe! I'll have to try it. There's nothing like fresh dressing. And I always add a bit of garlic to mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you did indeed. Ha! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete