Sunday, August 5, 2012

Prepping

Oh my goodness. When I saw Allegory's post suggesting we all have a prep party the first Sunday of each month, I thought it was the best idea! Trying to work down my own "to do" list while simultaneously participating in a swap, monthly bees, and a sew-along . . . well, things can get confusing! And having some prep done as I head into a new month seemed like it would be sooo helpful! So in a relatively short amount of time this afternoon, I did the following prep work:
  • Tracing pattern for embroidery onto fabric for this week's zakka project - and yes, I changed it up just a tad. Also cut out the other fabric I'll need.

  • I have a bee block that needs a fix, so I hunted down the fabric needed and have that ready to stitch back up.

  • Binding made for QWERTY II. 

  • Pattern chosen and fabric cut for a 100 Quilts for Kids quilt - finally.

  • Fabric gathered and centers cut for improvisational log cabin mini quilt.

  • Last of all, I hauled out blocks left over from my Kaleidoscope quilt made last summer. I'd had a bit of an issue with several blocks buckling in the center, and had refrained from using them in my quilt. 
         Then came the {hopefully} bright idea of cutting Dresden wedges
         out of them.
          So I have 32 wedges now - hopefully enough for something.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie. That is a great idea. I never seem to be that organized! Too many things cluttering the sewing space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see these grow. Great idea with the list, I really need to do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for getting so organised! As Sunday is the only full day of the week where I get to sew, I think I leave the organising to my after work hours! Looking forward to seeing this week's Zakka 'treat'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a good idea. I've been trying to do something a bit similar recently. I try to cut and prep fabric on Sundays for quick sewing sessions once I get home from work during the week. If it's all ready to go, I'm more inclined to sew rather than surf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I'm so happy my charms are making it into a 100 Quilts for Kids! :) And the Dresdens from the Kaleidoscope? Excellent plan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! You've got a busy month ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a great set of projects being started there! Hope to see more updates over the months =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done you, I'm soooo not that organised lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of cutting dresdens from your unused blocks! brilliant! Looks like you've got lots going on; normal, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Making binding is so brilliant! And I love that you cut Dresdens from those blocks. That's a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw the treat embroidery and saved it for an idea, then I read, its for the Zakka and thats what I am doing too.. Hi Zakka friend

    ReplyDelete