Thursday, August 9, 2012

Zakka Along Week 19 :: Sweet Sugar Cookie Sack

I hope you're sitting down. I.embroidered.

I've avoided it so many times during the Zakka sew-along, and really couldn't see my way out of it this week.
And believe it or not, I found embroidery needles in my sewing kit and look! Even a hoop!
I decided to generalize, and rather than make a 'cookie' bag, I opted for 'treats'. Jen basically gave permission, as she came up with several unique twists with her little sacks.

The body of the bag is white Essex linen, with a teal Marmalade stripe for the label, and the ittsiest bit of Heirloom for the trim.
This pattern by nanaCompany is definitely sweet and satisfying.

Linking up with LRstitched and TNT.

19 comments:

  1. Very sweet indeed! See, you can embroider!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now your hooked *LOL* The bag looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! You did a great job! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't know why you have avoided it my dear, your stitches are perfect! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is lovely! And clearly you embroider well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love the colors, and your embroidery is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Almost makes me want to make, almost :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty :o) They would make great stocking stuffers with things in them, wouldn't they? Hmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gasp you did embroidery! *jaw drops* you did a great job..'...I'm sure you must have been planning it as you had the hoop and everything =P

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute - and such beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely stitches Debbie. I love her blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to embroider!! Your little bag is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty letters! A lovely little treat bag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the look of your embroidery on the striped fabric!

    ReplyDelete