Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Finish or Two

So I finally finished a quilt for 100 Quilts for Kids, a charity quilt project led by Katie of Swim, Bike, Quilt. It's a simple little design, Sweet Baby Girlie Charm Square Quilt by Elizabeth of Don't Call Me Betsy. What drew me was that in addition to some neutral fabric, it used just 1 charm pack, which is basically what I had of "Meet the Gang". (Thanks, Kate!)
Piecing blocks was a snap, as was the wavy stitched grid I quilted.
A wonderfully coordinating binding stripe was waiting in my stash - just the right mix of colors from Woodland Trails by Sheri Berry Designs.
This quilt finished somewhat smaller than I expected (about 40" square), but is just the perfect size for a toddler to drag along. I'll be donating it to my local Project Linus chapter.

Also on the finished list are a couple of sweet drool bibs for my friend Toni, who just had a precious little baby girl. I tried a new pattern, Little Baby Bibs by Clover & Violet. This tutorial was fun to do up with scraps and some organic quilting. Hoping baby Jillian can make good use of them!

14 comments:

  1. Love the "Meet the Gang" quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finishes! Love how you used white for the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the Gang goodness, cute wee quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I especially love those little bibs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 100 quilts project is very sweet. Will be loved by someone, I'm sure. And the bibs - adorable. Makes me wish I was a quilter when I had babies because my first one was a super drooler and we went through many bibs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love how the quilt came out! A great pattern for those charms, great quilting, and I love the binding. (I know, I said that on the last post...I'm trying to catch up!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really PRETTY post *pinning* :) Your Project Linus quilt is adorable - it's nice to find a really cute baby quilt that utilizes single charm packs, of which I have more than a few *ahem*, lol. Thanks for the link to the pattern, and I'm sure Miss Jillian will make great drooly use of her sweet new bibs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, Debbie! I especially love the Dream On bib.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilt! The "Gang" is awfully cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome quilt, the binding is so cool! The bibs are so cute! =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet quilt, love it! Those bibs are ADORABLE, I am sure Toni and her little girl will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute quilt, Debbie! It's a perfect size for a little person.
    And yes, I think baby Julian will make good use of these bibs. Bibs are one of the most practical things for a little one!

    ReplyDelete