Friday, August 10, 2012

Random

Morning! I'm hoping you'll help me choose a prize for August's Tuesday at the {herbal} Table feature by checking out the short questionnaire on A Quilter's Table facebook page. You'd be doing all of us a favor!

For those of you that like weekly link-ups, Marci of Marci Girl Designs clued me in about the master list being built on from blank pages. Kind of fun . . . and of course I added Tuesday at the Table at Marci's suggestion. I'm hoping you'll consider linking up this month as we enjoy cooking and baking with herbs. Though as always, that's just the theme I'll be exploring - any recipe or table-related post is welcome!

Did you happen to see Rachel of Stitched in Color discuss some of the new Kona solids this week? It gives you a good idea of some new options. I'm anxious to try some. Have you?

I'm also curious if anyone's used Julie/Jaybird Quilts new Hex N More ruler? It makes 4 shapes in 4 sizes. It seems pretty clever.

Daughter dear just used the improv log cabin block she made in Katie's class, and finished it up as a mini quilt. That inspired me to pull out the block I made too (lower right corner). I had in mind to make a few more that coordinate, for a tad larger quilt. Not quite sure if I'll stop here or keep going . . .

The ultimate randomness is to share a pic I took yesterday in my yard, practicing settings on my camera. So there you go . . . hope you all have a nice weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you already know how to use you camera- the daisy shot is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flower shot turned out GREAT! Glad I could "clue" you in! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think you should have linked that up to Cindy's Random Thursday lol I have a mini charm pack of the new Kona, but haven't worked out what to do with it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw that ruler this morning on a newsletter from the L.A. Sew Modern shop. Looks intriguing to me...let me know if you hear any good reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh another ruler that I will have to buy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daisies are my favourite (one of them anyways!!). Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the fabric stack, the ruler looks very interesting.
    Loving those blocks, very wonky indeed =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that stack of Kona solids. I need some for my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job with the daisy photo! I just saw that ruler earlier today and it looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just reread the bit about extending the tabs beyond the main body fabric, which tells me the same thing in a different way. Disregard my question!

    ReplyDelete