I decided to customize my frame, and made a little 'X' and 'O' on one side. Yup, totally remade those twice before I got them small enough to fit on the frame edge. Luckily, I had read The Patchsmith's post so I cut the top and bottom strips 2" instead of 1 1/2". There's no way I would have been able to secure them to the batt and chipboard - an interesting (and frustrating) process even with the extra width.
Noodlehead (another inspiring blog!) shared her version, which is so darling. I kind of wanted to personalize mine too, but didn't round up the alphabet stamps to make it happen. Still, I'm rather fond of it, especially once grandgirl's picture was slipped in.
wonky cross quilt that hangs in my office . . .