It had been a while since I had stepped up to the cutting table with no real plan. I guess since I was still in a mod mood, I'd chosen a fat-quarter of Bloom Modern II by Jason Yenter along with a length of a natural Kokka cotton-linen blend. Krista/Poppyprint's improv under the influence technique came to mind, so I went ahead and cut a fat-quarter of the blend, placed it right sides together with the cotton, and started marking, sewing, and cutting, creating a squarish focal piece surrounded by negative space.
Quilting a squared-off zig-zag with Aurifil 50wt #2310 (light beige) gave the quilt considerable texture.
I had an extra strip of piecing, so I cut it to work into the binding, above and below the main point of interest. Annnnd, I'd run out of the natural-colored linen by now, so I turned to a slightly darker shade of chambray to fill in as needed.
Though very simple in design, I thought there were enough little features to give this piece some interest. Finishing at 24" x 36", I hope it finds a home with someone who thinks so too.