Thursday, October 8, 2015

2015 Finish-A-Long: Q4 List

There's no denying it: I'm a finisher. I may have lots of quilts and sewing projects in my head, but few that are actually in progress. So my FAL lists are usually pretty short, but at least this time I didn't have to fudge and start new things to put on the list! (Pitiful, I know!)

So first up and top priority will be my Bee Sewcial quilt! I am itching to get back to it!! But with vacation, my machine going in for repair, and now some pushing-the-deadline secret sewing, it's been on hold. Believe me, though, I hope to be back at it next week!

I have 2 more borders to do on my SMQG BOM medallion quilt. 112 hsts are what's next, and I can't say I'm looking forward to those, even with my Big Batch HSTs tutorial. But once I get those done, it should be easier sailing.

Lastly, I really want to make a sewing machine cover to fit on my machine when my thread cone is on, since that's how I leave it most of the time. My search for a pattern online has been fruitless, so it looks like I'm on my own for this one. Fingers crossed it won't be too bad to figure out. I've got the front panel done - the Geometric Sewing Machine I finished over the summer - so that's definitely a good start!

It feels like a doable list, while still allowing time for all those yet-to-be-started projects in my head!

Linking up my 2015 Finish-A-Long Q4 list!

13 comments:

  1. Great projects Debbie - the sewing machine will make a perfect cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bee Sewcial quilt is fantastic! It has a scandinavian feel - old time colours but still so modern look! Debbie, You are so talented! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pieced sewing machine; it's fabulous! You should manage these shouldn't you, once the secret sewing is out of the way? The Bee sowcial quilt is even more amazing than I realised from your earlier posts. Good luck in getting them all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll nail this list in your sleep Debbie! You are really an inspiration the way you tackle your WIPS list- single minded and focussed, that's for sure! All great projects BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects, Debbie! Your medallion quilt is awesome, and your sewing machine is so good-looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Bee Sewcial quilt is really great and inspiring !

    ReplyDelete
  7. great projects. I'm like you, I'm a finisher. not a lot of UFOs here

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are totally going to get all these done! And at least 10 more probably! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your Bee Sewcial quilt is just stunning - I can see why you want to get back to it!! Good luck with your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like everything on this list! You've got some good projects to work on :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have some fabulous project just waiting for you to get back to them. Each one is very attractive and interesting so how will you determine which one to complete first?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the pieced sewing machine block for the front of your cover. Let us know what you come up with for the oversized cove. I'm in the same boat and would appreciate learning from your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Sewcial--it reminds me of Communion! Such a great idea for the sewing machine cover.
    Your work is so creative and inspiring. Blessings on you as you continue to quilt such awesome works!

    ReplyDelete