Saturday, October 31, 2015

A Nominee

If you follow me anywhere other than this blog, you already know that my Mod Mood has been nominated in the Viewer's Choice category of the Blogger's Quilt Festival hosted by Amy's Creative Side. This is the 6th year I've participated in the festival, and I believe my first nomination. So even though I've plastered it all over social media, for the record I wanted to share here too. Because the fact remains, this is Mod Mood's home, here is where I've shared the most comprehensively about her, and she's participating in a blogger's quilt festival after all.
I'm gonna be mushy. But real. Knowing someone(s) out there nominated Mod Mood for this particular category is deeply satisfying. I thank you. She is in mighty fine company - with quilts made by many of my friends even - and the basic truth that I actually have a quilt that qualifies to be in a group of modern quilts .... well, it all makes my heart full. Again, I thank the women of Bee Sewcial for welcoming me in, for challenging me and affirming my work, for making such terrific blocks for this quilt. And to all of you, I appreciate you being there and cheering me on. Every day, it's my pleasure to live and create alongside you.

17 comments:

  1. Debbie, You have every reason in the world to be proud of your work. Each stitch is a second in your life dedicated to your wonderful talent. Seconds that turn into minutes, minutes that turn into hours, hours, to weeks and even months of time. Don't hide your light under a bushel . . . but shine! Your quilt is amazing!
    Have a happy weekend.
    Your blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly got my vote. I think it is one of the most brilliant quilts I've seen all year. You are so talented and inspirational. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well deserved! Your quilts (and this one in particular) make a strong statement in the modern quilt community!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Deb. You are so humble, I love that. Your quilts are an inspiration. Well done to your bee group, this is a worthy entry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me smile to know your heart is full with the news, as it should be. If anyone represents Blogging in the online quilting community it's you and yes, the way you put the pieces of the puzzle together for Mod Mood and shared with the world is to be applauded. I hope to see it hanging in a show some day so I can see it in person. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt! I love these colors and the models of blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Debbie, your work is very artistic and talented, I'm always inspired by your blog!
    Myrto

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, that's fantastic. Love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! It's one of my favorites! I'm a huge fan of your blog and your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, truly an honor! I've been watching this beautiful and unique quilt come to life through all the stages, and it is a well deserved honor to be included as a Viewer's Choice nominee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a super quilt! I loved following your progress as you worked on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not surprised, this is a very unique and beautiful quilt! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Debbie. Well deserved. You did an outstanding job of piecing the puzzle of blocks together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore this quilt and picture. It DESERVES TO BE THERE! Well done

    Hillary

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will totally be voting for this, it is stunning! Very proud to be nominated beside it :)

    ReplyDelete