Thursday, October 1, 2015

2015 Finish-A-Long: Q3 Finishes

We're 3/4 of the way through 2015?? Now that's hard to believe! Considering I have sewn very little this month, it was reassuring to see I actually finished 4/4 of my FAL Q3 goals - whew!

1. Inside Addition - When I started this quilt in January, I had plans for a big ole scrappy quilt, you  know, the kind that uses up oodles of scraps. But despite the fact that I love the Inside Addition block, I got bored with my scraps. So the plan changed and I settled for a 48" finish I named All-Inclusive. Quilted with a vertical straight-line and bound in binding scraps, now that it's done, washed and crinkly, it makes me happy.


2. Rolling Diamonds - Most of these blocks were made for me by the Mid-Century Modern Bee back in April 2014, and had obviously languished in the closet for a while. When I got down to finally piecing the top, I needed a few more blocks, so my friend Sharon/redapplestitches kindly made me one, and I made a couple more. I used Stitched in Color's machine-stitched binding tutorial, which incorporates a zig-zag stitch, and that was really fun (and fast!)  I named this one Vivid, and it really is.



3. Raspberry Kisses - "Peachy" was made with the help of FAITH Circle and the palette was so enjoyable to work with. The turning point with this quilt was when I decided to set the blocks on point, which totally changed its look for the better.


4. Quarter-Cut - My final finish for the quarter is On the ClockI used my own tutorial, and the weird factor was that I timed myself. The first time I made it, it seemed so fast, and yup, I went from fabric stack to last hand-binding stitch in just 7 hours. It's definitely baby-sized (40") but its fat-quarter-friendliness and rounded corners make it a quick, sweet make.



So that's that. Time to mull over what's next.

Linking up with 2015 Finish-A-Long Q3 Finishes.
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

9 comments:

  1. Love your style - congrats on the finish along successes - way to meet your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each and every one is just fabulous Debbie. Well done X 4 !

    ReplyDelete
  3. All delightful finishes Debbie! I love the variety in your quilts but they are always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie! Beautiful quilts and I would like to make Rasberry Kisses but need to get more low volumes. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did super well this quarter! Well compared to me that's not hard! I was busy elsewhere this quarter despite good creative intentions...

    A beautiful array of quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a lovely group of finishes this quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous quilts! Fabulous prints in your on the clock quilt and I must remember to round the corners of a quilt I make - it looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again, your awesome! Great finishes!!!

    ReplyDelete