Tuesday, November 15, 2022

At the Table

If you subscribe to my newsletter, The Scrap Basket, you may have already seen that I mentioned the current butter board trend. It apparently originated with Justine Doironinspired by chef Joshua McFaddenZestful Kitchen shared a butter board mini series though lots of others have shared their version too. I gave a shout-out to my daughter-in-law, Lindsey, who shares 'board' ideas back and forth with me... like a peanut butter board, a bagel board, or this gorgeous butter/cream cheese board! Yum.

Fast forward to last weekend, when our family gathered to celebrate THREE November birthdays. Lindsey and I took the opportunity to make our first butter board together! We used:


Let's just say it was very fun to satisfy our butter board hankering, and it was tasty to boot. I think the family got a kick out of it, and we've already chosen another board we want to try.


Obviously, I'm always curious about food trends... are you? What's one you've tried or would like to try?

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of butter boards, but not tried it - yet. Just picked up an order of butter from a local creamery whose butter is sought after by Twin Cities' pastry chefs, so maybe I should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete