Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Diamond Flare :: April

Happily, the Diamond Flare BOM with Seattle MQG is proving to be very popular! (Take a quick peek!) And after completing March's blocks, I confess I was eager to see what was next.

A mystery quilt designed by guild member Taylor Krz @toadandsew, I was questioning my chosen palette just a bit after adding this month's blocks (the stripes). But Taylor assured me it would all turn out great, and I'm confident it will. This block will become the center of my quilt and currently measures 31" square. Now to pack it all away and wait patiently for May's block release. 

5 comments:

  1. Nice work, Debbie! I find it challenging (difficult) to participate in a BOM or mystery quilt when I don't know what the finished piece will look like. Like you, I would be questioning my color choices because I don't what the finished design is. That's why I'm not joining our Big Cypress Quilters' "Modern Mystery" quilt. I'm keeping the monthly instructions, but waiting to see the finished quilt before deciding whether to make it. I have too many other projects - that I KNOW what they'll look like - that are calling me. Of course, I too think you've got the right thing going here. You just don't fail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mystery quilt alongs can be really hard to do, but I would definitely trust Taylors input, and honestly, I really like the way it looks so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have a really hard time with a mystery. But I think your center looks very intriguing. Excited to see more over the next months. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your choices are working really well! What a fantastic (and big!) block. It will be fun to see this quilt grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 31" square! Great piecing skills too.

    ReplyDelete