Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Strawberry Needle Book

When I started my latest Dropcloth Sampler, I had no idea I'd end up stitching one of my favorite things ever! That strawberry took a while but was so fun to stich.


The project is the Strawberry Needle Book, just 2.5" x 3.5" when finished.


I actually started with the rain on the back, and that rainbow, which was what called to me in the first place.


I chose to construct the actual 'book' a little differently than the pattern suggested, lining it with a coordinating print and then sewing in the felt pages. I'm pretty sure that sweet fabric is a Lecien Minny Muu print from way back.


It felt good to be working on another Dropcloth sampler, even though it was tiny. And I'm looking forward to another - the new Garden Path, though I've also got some hand-quilting planned. Always plenty to work on, right?

7 comments:

  1. Love the strawberry. It's gorgeous and the workmanship is nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest needle book, ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hand stitching and color. The blue chain stitch around the strawberry makes a beautiful contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both sides are delightful but the strawberry has such amazing depth and I bet it has fabulous texture, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That strawberry is just so perfectly sewn. It's a pretty needlebook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. Deb you always have the sweetest projects. Love the strawberry...I may just have to order that for myself! I'm working on a couple of pillowcases now--but that will be high on my handiwork list for this summer!
    Joyous Spring...and Happy Resurrection Day to you all! Love you much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The strawberry is impressive! xo

    ReplyDelete