Sunday, April 16, 2023

Selections from QuiltCon 2023

Imagine my surprise when I received an email towards the end of QuiltCon 2023 asking if The MQG could hang on to my "Tears" quilt and include it in the Selections from QuiltCon 2023 exhibit that would travel over the coming year. Of course I said, "Yes!"


So the first stop for the exhibit is of all places, Melbourne, Australia, for the Australasian Quilt Convention, held April 13-16. Thanks to Tara Glastonbury @stitchandyarn for snapping a photo of my quilt in the exhibit. It looks a little worse for the travel, but it's still an honor to have it included.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, great design and a world traveler!
    And it seems like someone in charge should be careful about presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on having your quilt selected to travel. Wouldn't it be fun to have a camera embedded to see the sights it sees?? I would have hoped that they would steam the quilts that hang, but I know not every quilter wants their quilts steamed and each show probably has different policies about that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, I thought I sent you a photo of your quilt on Thursday....?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful that your quilt traveled! You are always among the best. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Deb! Wow--what an honor--and you deserve it. Another beautifully created quilt!

    ReplyDelete