Friday, October 6, 2023

Calendar Update III

With a guild retreat day last weekend, I was able to spend the whole day making green improv blocks for a large section of panel two of the triptych. 

So once I got home, I was happy to find I had enough blocks to complete that section. That left one skinny white strip, and I was ready to start trimming and sewing slabs together.

Because of how I'd hung strips on my design wall, I actually began constructing the middle of the three sections first. I was actually pretty happy with that, since it has the most colors and the most pieces of any of the three sections. And though I'd hoped to have a completed quilt top to share today, it's still in the works with a couple additional seams to go. But I should have it done and be moving on to the next/first section over the next few days. Progress, slow but sure.

3 comments:

  1. The blocks from guild retreat day look great and I hope it's satisfying to see these coming together into the larger panels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful greens! And great piecing on the 'skinny white strip'. Exciting progress for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might disagree on the slow, but I love the progress. xo

    ReplyDelete