Monday, October 2, 2023

Split Pouch

So last Friday I was feeling some better after being down for most of the week. I wanted to sew for just a bit, but didn't feel up to the calendar project, so I settled in to try Carolyn Friedlander's new pattern for the Split Pouch.

I was limited by what synthetic zippers I had on hand, but of course I managed to find some Carolyn Friedlander fabric to coordinate with the zip I chose. I had a recipient in mind so that influenced my choice too! ;-)


Of the two stabilizer options - Pellon SF101 woven fusible interfacing or ByAnnie's Soft and Stable - I chose the SF101, basically because I love working with it, and prefer the less puffy result. And though I loved Carolyn's suggestion of colorful plastic snaps, I had some magnetic snaps on hand and used them this time - the easiest ever to install.


What an ingenious design Carolyn has created. I made the medium version, but will give the larger version a try once a supply of zippers arrives. This one is perfect for a hand-sewing project or as a small organizer by your machine.


I gifted the little pouch to my daughter, Rachel @snippetsofsweetness, when we were at a guild retreat on Saturday. A fellow CF fan, I was pretty sure she would enjoy it, and I was right. Gotta say, it was a joy to have a small finish after sewing pretty non-stop on the big calendar project these last weeks. Yay!

1 comment: