Tuesday, October 31, 2023

October Fabric Usage

It's been a good fabric month, I'd say, considering most of my sewing time has been spent on the liturgical calendar project. Just days into October, though, I did place a small fabric order - several brown fabrics to include in this month's Bee Sewcial Coffee blocks, a striped Essex Yarn Dyed Classic Woven in Black for the Split Pouch sewalong, and a new-to-me Carolyn Friedlander print (second from bottom) just because. The stack didn't feel like I was overdoing it, but still gave me a creative burst I welcomed. You know the feeling, I'm sure.


As for fabric usage, it was mainly used for aforementioned split pouches and bee blocks, a back and binding for Albersesque, and of course the QuiltCon fabric challenge quilt, Split Second. Yikes. I obviously took several breaks from the big calendar project, but they were each refreshing in their own way, so it is what it is. I'm back at it now!

October Fabric Usage
Used up: 11.59 yards
Brought in: 3.50 yards
Net: -8.09 yards

4 comments:

  1. Great stash additions, and I think the breaks from the big calendar project probably help keep you more motivated than just trying to finish it all on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why wouldn't you take a break in-between this huge project? It sounds perfectly reasonable to me. And I am glad you enjoyed all the small interludes and them resulting in this huge descrease in stash - once more even though you bought something. I'd say "win, win" overall! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the 'creative burst'! I like the textures and the Carolyn Friedlander print, they will be great to work with I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great stash enhancements. Love those linens, for sure. I've just started hand quilting a piece with linen in it and find that linen is a dream for big stitching. I know that making a pouch or tote or bag is always a nice break from quiltmaking. You'll surely enjoy making your split pouches with those pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete