Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Calendar Update VII

Just popping in real quilt to report that I finished quilting the second panel of my liturgical calendar project!

This panel took about nine quilting-hours over seven days, and having the more frequent thread color changes made it fun. I've since taken a few days break from the project, but hope to get the final panel basted today. There is the largest swath of color yet in this one - green. Once I get that done, I think the quilting will be smooth sailing. Fingers crossed I can maayyybbbee get the panel quilted by Thanksgiving? Time will tell....

9 comments:

  1. Love this - and the matchstick quilting, just makes it extra - Wow!! You did a beautiful job, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a fun sense of accomplishment at every thread color change. Good luck and enjoy quilting the last panel; you've got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have really paced this out well - I definitely think you can accomplish the finish by Thanksgiving. The matchstick quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colby from sew.quilt.explore.November 17, 2023 at 6:11 AM

    I would love to see a close up of the quilting to see the thread changes! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing your quilting on the second panel! Great work, you are tenacious and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoohoo! Big congrats. Good luck with the next "internal" deadline ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! It is so beautiful. What a wonderful tribute to the Lord--an expression of Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to seeing your final photos! Congrats on a finishing this part of your project! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete