Saturday, November 18, 2023

Split Pouch Sew Along

Early last month, I tried Carolyn Friedlander's new Split Pouch pattern, and quickly proceeded to make a couple more.





Those were all the medium size, made with quilter's cotton, SF101stabilizer, and metal magnetic snaps. When Carolyn announced a sew along, I decided to give the large split pouch a try, using striped Essex Yarn Dyed Classic Woven, quilted onto Soft and Stable. I also used the plastic snaps that Carolyn suggested. Since this first large version I was making was for a fellow sewist, I made a cute little pincushion out of the quilted scraps.







I really liked the heavier structure for the larger pouch, and decided to make and gift another. In both, I included a cute label from @sarahhearts.







I have plans for more, but the sew along has ended, and fun pouches are going on the back burner for now. Don't be surprised to see me make a few more in the future though. For one, I still need a large split pouch for myself. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful work on your pouches, tis the season to make useful beautiful projects after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I've admired each one you've made. I hope the recipients appreciate all the work you put into them. They look quite practical. What do the snaps on the bottom do? Or are they simply grippers, to hold the open pouch in place?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good pattern when you have to just make one more, maybe two (or three) and when there are multiple sizes in the pattern. I might have to pick up this pattern. Your pouches are so cute!

    ReplyDelete