Something's been niggling in my mind ever since I posted about quiche and macarons back around Easter. I remember replying to a few commenters that macarons were on my "top ten best foodie moments" list. Which is the honest truth. And it got me thinking about other 'top' foodie moments - yours and mine both. So I'm going to share some of mine and am really hoping you'll either link a post - or go right ahead and tell us in the comments - about a foodie moment of your own. Something that you just can't forget - an actual bite of food - an awesome meal - a time around the table - whatever it might be for you. Please share it.
So here's a list of mine. They may not be the very top ten, but they sure are up there!
1. Those macarons. First tasted February 13, 2010. Life changing.
2. The caprese skewer our first full day in Florence. Best mozzarella ever!
3. The last meal with my step-dad at the table. I'll never stop wishing there was one more.
4. The Limoncello experience. An unexpected treat on the house. Unforgettable.
5. The first time grandgirl sat at the table with the rest of the family. A precious moment indeed.
6. My first figs. I'd had no idea.
7. The years son and daughter made their first Thanksgiving pies. Pride in a pie pan.
8. Mom's prime rib. She has the indescribable gift of seasoning.
9. Cakeballs. A revelation.
10. Ugali. Our Tanzanian friend cooked his native dishes in our very own kitchen. We were transported.
So there you go. Some foods and table moments I relish.