Tuesday, May 22, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday

It's hard to believe it's W.i.P Wednesday already! It's been a crazy busy week, but I've managed to crank out some little projects and finish a quilt for the festival. So all's good on the sewing front.

Completed projects (click links for full posts)
Zakka Style Sew-Along project #7: Rain Cloud Mug Rug. This was a whole lot of fun in a small package.

Sewing Machine Cover and Lined Drawstring Bag for daughter dear's birthday - in her colors, of course.


Hopscotch - finished in the nick of time for the Bloggers' Quilt Festival! (620 entries last time I checked. Now THAT'S a festival!)

FAITH Circle Pouch - can't show it yet, but it should be with my partner soon!

Modern Blocks Bee May block and Ohio Star blocks for FAITH circle's May quilt

Ongoing projects
Japanese x and + blocks Round 2 - I'm cutting it kind of close, but I have five blocks cut out for the swap and one made up to keep. Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, but oh well.

Upcoming projects
* Let's Get Acquainted project
* more Zakka - unfortunately probably not getting to project #8 this week
* Always Bee Learning June blocks - Tokoyo subway NEW
* Quilt using my 4x5 blocks from rounds 1, 2, & 3
* Tutorial for pieced binding
* QWERTY variation
* Solstice Stars quilt
* a quilt to coordinate with my Christmas tree skirt - On a Whim ??
* scrappy Metrolink
* Plus quilt for my sister-in-law - waiting to see her palette

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday.

32 comments:

  1. Love love love your Hopscotch quilt! Such great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Japanese x is looking good. I really want to do this quilt at some point in the not to distant future. Great cup btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the granny square sewing machine cover :-)
    Hopscotch is amazing! Love it!
    I have the pattern, but an still i the contemplation phase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Hopscotch when I saw it in the BQF, but was having problems commenting *sad face* I love the colours and the triangle quilting is just inspired. :-) You are so productive!

    Hazle
    suntred02 at aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been a good sewing week for you, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hopscotch quilt. I hope you don't mind that I pinned it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the hopscotch quilt as you were making it, and I love it now that it's done! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Debbie. Your projects are gorgeous. Love the sewing machine cover, and that quilt, just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should do a tutorial on the Hopscotched quilt. Please do one please. the one with the greens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to see a tutorial on the hopscotched quilt also. That is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hopscotch quilt is amazing! I just love that pattern, and the colors are beautiful. Such a great idea for a sewing machine cover, I may have to steal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your hopscotch quilt! I would love to do something like that, but those angles scare me!

    Here via WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of lovelies here- look forward to seeing your Tokyo subway bee block .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your Hopscotch Quilt is beautiful! Lots of fun WIPs you have. Busy gal!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many great projects! Hopscotch is certainly a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You have done a ton in the last week. Good luck on the scrappy blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, as always! I can't get enough of that Hopscotch quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Debbie I am always impressed with the awesome items you make! They are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous Hopscotch quilt! I need to get to work on mine. One of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Zakka mug rug turned out so cute!! And the X and plus blocks are coming along! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the Hopscotch quilt from the colors to the pattern to the quilting! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That was a busy stitchy week never mind anything else! Good luck getting your x and + blocks out and your upcoming list

    ReplyDelete
  23. You've had an amazing amount of finishes this week Debbie! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Some really great looking projects there! I love the machine cover and your mug rug! =D

    I'm hosting a new swap over at my blog if anyone is interested please pop over for a look =D

    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/p/goodie-bag-swap.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE your Hopscotch quilt, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Debbie..I love Hopscotch. just in case I missed in the the festival...lol I have looked at so many quilts this week......lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the sewing machine cover - granny squares are so pretty. And your + and X block is really lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gosh I love your hopscotch quilt - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. such great finishes! i love seeing what you sew!

    ReplyDelete
  30. All your projects are wonderful Deb. Don't you just love getting a quilt back from the quilter? So nice to sew the binding on and call it done : )
    Have a lovely week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The Hopscotch quilt is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete