I probably shouldn't admit this publicly, but I kind of enjoyed making these itty bitty blocks The pattern is by a cuppa and a catchup, and her magnets are super special, aren't they? They kinda beg to be made.
I started off with encouragement from both little bluebell and The Patchsmith. Using scraps from Pinky-Swoon, I had a bit of a head start, especially for the hst. I had a few already made up, so it was easy to trim them down to size. I really didn't find the cutting and piecing too terribly difficult.
Impatient, I machine quilted them with Aurifil hot pink MAKO 40wt, which went like a breeze. Things were still going smoothly as I backed the little ones, and then came the moderately difficult step of turning them. Slightly trying but doable. Still trying but doable was getting the magnet squares in (I had to trim mine slightly smaller than instructed). But then came the most difficult task of all - hand-stitching the openings shut. yikes. That part was the least fun, but obviously mandatory, so I suffered through. And am glad I did.
Linking up with LRstitched and T.N.T. Thursday.