Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuesday at the {herbal} Table

Wow this month (and summer period!) has flown by. Tuesday at the {herbal} Table is nearly over. Link up by midnight Wednesday, August 29, and shortly after, I'll choose a random winner for some awesome goodies. If zipit, Pink Chalk Fabrics, or Savory Sweet Life mean anything to you at all, then you won't want to miss out!

I have one of my favorite herbal recipes to share today, a salad that I don't make too often, which is a huge faux pas on my part. It is really delicious!



Warm Spinach and Basil Salad
from The Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook

6 cups fresh spinach leaves
2 cups fresh basil leaves (1 large bunch)
½ cup best-quality olive oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ cup pine nuts (pignoli)
4 ounces prosciutto, diced
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
¾ freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Toss the spinach and basil together in a large salad bowl.
Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and pine nuts and saute until nuts begin to brown slightly. Stir in prosciutto and cook 1 minute more Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss spinach and basil with warm dressing and sprinkle salad with Parmesan. Serve immediately and pass the pepper mill. mmmmmm good.

I'll try not to weigh you down with countless recipes this week unlike last, but there was also a delicious experiment we tried. And that would be cobs of corn grilled with their husks still on. The produce guy at my market said to snip the husk right at the top of each ear, so the silk wouldn't catch fire. Then put them right on the grill, on high, and rotate them every little bit, about 15 minutes total. So that's what we did.

Then we pulled some of that herb butter I'd made out of the freezer, and served it alongside. Tasty.

So that's what I have to say about that! And though we've been talking herbs, remember that you can link up any recipe or table project. Join me at the table!

6 comments:

  1. Yummy! I wish Summer would hurry up downunder! That corn looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're tempting me with these recipes! Looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing! I'm just drooling over that corn...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmm...that looks so good! I need to eat at your house. :)

    I wish my basil crop had turned out better this year. I planted almost 2 packets worth of seeds and got 5 small plants. ?!? Not quite the pesto and warm spinach salad bonanza I was hoping for. :)

    The herb butter is a great idea! How fun to have it on hand. I went out to this amazing restaurant once that had great breads and a variety of herb butters as an appetizer. So good and fun! I'm going to have to make some of my own now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, that looks nice, I've just pinned it for my new foodie project :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! I just bought some corn today, so I'm going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete