Monday, March 18, 2013

March Bee Blocks

The month started out with some butterfly blocks using this tutorial from MLE Knits. Each of us in FAITH Circle are making 8 - 6 /12" blocks so they can be arranged however Melissa/~Me1issa wishes.
March-Butterflies 

In That Stash Bee, Whitney/whitney (the peacock tree) chose Simply Woven, a block (and quilt) shared on the Moda Bake Shop by SewCraftyJess. They were really fun blocks to put together.
Simply Woven block

Simply Woven block 

The Always Bee Learning bee decided to do a charity quilt this month with Leanne/shecanquilt leading the way. She chose the Octagonal Orb block by Elizabeth Hartman, which I confess at first kind of intimidated me. But other than a bit of thoughtful prep cutting, this block really did go together very smoothly. And I love all 17" of it!
Octagonal Orb quilt block

Meanwhile, blocks are arriving from my bee-mates in the Mid-Century Modern bee, and what beauties they are! It's my month, and if you missed seeing my Hugs and Kisses block, I shared it here.

Linking up with Fabric Tuesday.

16 comments:

  1. I love Leanne's choice for Siblings Together but the block is kind of intimidating. The woven block will make such a pretty quilt - have to add that one to the over flowing bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the octagonal block! A quick question- is if pieced in strips and then cut?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bees are a great opportunity to try new blocks. Octagonal orbs are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love each of these blocks, I keep wanting to make a quilt with some variation on the first one. I love your Octagonal Orb, they really are very dramatic when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so beautiful, but I am partial to Leanne's block. I need to get cracking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The octagonal orb is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blocks. Especially the octagonal orb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blocks I love the octagonal block!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous blocks! I have always wanted to try to make the Octagonal Orb block.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The butterfly blocks should make a great quilt, especially with the blocks coming from multiple people and multiple stashes. Will the background whites vary too?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm just in love with that orb block! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great set of quilt blocks! I especially like the orb, it turned out fantastic, someday I will make one myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your blocks look great, but I really love the Octagonal Orb!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, those woven blocks are great. You chose great prints!

    ReplyDelete