Wednesday, June 15, 2011

W.i.P. Wednesday

This week has been a good "back in the groove" kind of week. I sorted through my current and upcoming projects and sort of have a plan for the next couple of weeks. But seriously, there are not enough hours in the day!

Current projects
Comic Strip Quilt is quilted and so close to being complete - about 18" close, in fact.
My Dream Big top is nearing completion also. The 'pluses' are done.
Now the borders are going on - I'm reminded that this is not my favorite step in the quilting process either! But soon it will be done!
The Prairie Women Sewing Circle mini quilt has been put on hold for a few days as things progres on the previous two projects. Lots of little pieces and trimming yet to do here.


Ongoing projects
* Kaleidoscope quilt along hosted by don't call me betsy - I've added a few coordinates to my Denyse Schmidt Fairgrounds prints, and will soon have my stack collected for this qa that begins June 23. 
* Cappuccino Bali Pop "Light & Shadow". Still hoping to get this further underway before the qa starts.

Upcoming projects
Afternoon Snack table runner adapted from this pattern by G. E. Designs.
* Hoopla charm pack received in May's A Little Fabric, A Little Chocolate {Swap!}.
* Shades of Grey. Ideas are still percolating - tentatively to include my variety of KONA grays, and then adding that splash of {as yet undetermined, but I think I've decided} color. . .
* Stash quilt - Sew Katie Did's zig zag quilt. I'm hoping to get started on this at Katie's HST class on June 29!
* Quilts for our siblings.

On hold for a while
Block-a-palooza quilt along needs basted and quilted.

That's it for this week! Now it's time to head on over to Freshly Pieced to see the other great W.i.P.s!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

14 comments:

  1. Love the crosses quilt. I have thought about doing one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Dream Big quilt! Central Park looks awesome in all of those pluses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tops. And that's a lot of dog-ear corners to trim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabrics you used for your pluses quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks beautiful as always Debbie! I love your crosses quilt, so pretty. I'm crazy and thinking about joining up with the Kaleidoscope, you can never have enough projects, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to try out some crosses as well...This is inspiring me to start ANOTHER quilt! So true..not enough hours in the day! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pluses look great. Glad to hear your feeling back in the grove.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you got back into your groove. That's a great feeling, isn't it? I completely fell out of mine this week. I haven't sewn a single stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your crosses quilt looks beautiful - love the blue border with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the borders on the pluses quilt! Happy you're almost finished with the Pips quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your central park quilt!!!!
    It's just beautiful!
    Can't wait to see the Pips finished, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the solids with central park in the crosses quilt - really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The crosses quilt is really striking, it is going to be great once it is quilted. And, don't you love it when you are almost done the binding on a quilt - I look forward to the big reveal.

    ReplyDelete