Friday, August 12, 2011

Finish it Up!, Swaps, and Shopping

I have a finish this week from my expanded Finish it Up! list. I really meant to have this runner done for my mom to enjoy all summer, but at least it is done now.

I took a break from working on the Summer Sampler after some frustration on Block #11. I'm ready to face the last block now and get this top finished up! The hosts of the quilt-along have lovely quilts/blocks to show! See Swim, Bike, Quilt {here}, Freshly Pieced {here}, and Fresh Lemons {here} - just beautiful!

In swap news, I received dots from all of my Dots Swap! partners! Thanks for the great dots to add to my stash!


And I ordered fabric for the Color Wheel Charm Swap.
I was assigned orange and orange-red, and chose these fabrics:

I did an etsy search on 'orange' and ended up ordering the orange daisy chain from a new etsy shop - a little shop by Monica Lee. I had no idea at the time that it was a brand new shop and I happened to be her first customer! ha. After checking out her blog, Monica Lee Studios, I just had to go back and order some of her dots too! What a cute line Monica has created!

The orange swirl came from Hawthorne Threads, who has a great color grid
, which is useful when you're looking for a particular color of fabric!

So here's the updated list - progress but still a ways to go!
1. Dream Big Finished!
2. Light and Shadow Bali pop quilt Cut out
3. Gentlemen Caller Finished!
4. Kaleidoscope Finished!
5. Summer Sampler Series Top in progress
6. Afternoon Snack table runner Finished!

Have a great day as you work on your own lists!!

5 comments:

  1. Debbie! I am orange and orange-red, too! I actually had that orange swirly print from Hawthorne in my cart but decided to get my fabrics from an Etsy seller. I'm so glad you got it, I really love it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eep! Thanks so much for the mention! Cutting your fabric now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely runner for your mom.
    Congratulations on keeping up your lists!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when I end up being a shops first customer! So cool! Your table runner turned out great, I'm sure your mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that Hawthorne color grid a lifesaver? Your oranges look great! Especially love the red swirlys! I just found my yellows for the swap :)

    http://thepewteracorn.blogspot.com/2011/08/wip-wednesday-81711.html

    ReplyDelete