Tuesday, April 3, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday

It's been a good start to this fresh month of sewing. W.i.P. Wednesday finds me with newish projects and plenty more on the docket.

Ongoing projects
First and foremost is Hopscotch - I have 26/77 blocks pieced and am loving how this is coming along.

Windows Improv table runner - Still not sure if I like it or not. The request was for something modern and geometric in navy, royal blue, maroon, and gray. So the elements are there. I'm just not sure if they work together. Below shows one third - the top is now done and I've begun quilting long organic straight lines. I'll finish it up before I totally give up on it. Stay tuned.

Zakka Style Sew-Along - Can't guarantee I'll do every project, but do plan to try #1, the Zig Zag Tote. I purchased the interfacing needed and pulled some fabric from my stash - my one and only yard of creamy linen, my precious Lou Lou Thi for the zigs and zags, and at this point, some DS blue for the lining.

Festival of Half Square Triangles - I dug into the scrap bin and found 100 or so hst from a previous project. That'll be a good start! So far just pressing and trimming.

Upcoming projects  
* scrappy Metrolink
* April Modern Blocks Bee block - a Potager block
* April do.Good Stitches FAITH Circle - a zig-zag strip
* FAITH Circle Pouch Swap 
* more Zakka
* a quilt to coordinate with my Christmas tree skirt - On a Whim ??
* DS Quilts Doll Quilt Swap project - should be getting my partner soon
* Little Quilt - Sew, Vote, Swap Group Round 4 project - I've decided there's not room for this . . .
* tutorial for pieced binding
* a zip pouch w/o zipper tabs - want to know this way too

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday . . .
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

36 comments:

  1. I love how hopscotch is coming along. I think *maybe* the runner could use a solid navy. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the colours you are using in hopscotch - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait to see your zig zag bag! get to sewing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh I love hopscotch- so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh love how the Hopscotch quilt is coming along - just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours in the hopscotch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Hopscotch quilt! Those colours are so ME! A quick question...is it a difficult pattern? I have spent 3 days putting a quilt top together with diamonds in it and it nearly did my head in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Hopscotch is looking fab and I think the runner looks great with those colours. I am picking all the little projects for the Zakkaalong :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Hopscotch is stunning - love your color choices. After seeing yours I had to buy the pattern... Can't wait to get started :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the colors and design of the hopscotch quilt- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopscotch is looking great so far! And I can't believe you just found about a hundred HSTs laying around. That makes for an easy project! I think Felicity may be right about the table runner needing another solid. Interested to see how that one comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopscotch is incredibly gorgeous! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job for the week! I'm hoping to Zakka this weekend to double up with my sample swap at the FQ Retreat...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good stuff going on. It'll be fun to see where you go with it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, that Loulouthi is going to be super fab for your zig zags on your Zakka tote! And I love how your Hopscotch blocks are coming together so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your hopscotch, you have chosen just wonderful fabrics and colours and the zig zag bag will be perfect. I think the runner is also lovely but quilting will surely enhance it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your Zakka tote bag plan! I'm going to try to squeeze that one in too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. this looks great Debbie. A festival of hat. Hmmm I do love me a good triangle : ) Your spatulas are cute. I own 1.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hopscotch is amazing! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow, I just love the colors in Hopscotch!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow that Hopscotch looks just great! Love the secondary pattern made where the triangles meet.
    Also like the "improvness" of the table runner. Maybe you will like it more once it's all quilted.
    Your Zakka bag is going to be very pretty! I love the creamy linen. Where did you get yours?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the colors you chose for your hopscotch quilt! I haven't gotten bit by the bug yet, but your quilt may just push me over the edge.. its amazing! How is it work wise, and cutting? Did you need a special ruler?

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so busy, Debbie! Love the hopscotch and the little stars that form in the center. They are a little surprise for the eyes:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh I just love your hopscotch!! that is amazing, I just love those colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the table runner so far. That's from Malka Dubrawsky's book, yes? I've been waiting FOREVER for that one from the library.

    Hopscotch looks great too. Is it less complicated than it looks?

    Heading off to Victoria...wish me luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, my! I love your hopscotch. fantastic colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Hopscotch is looking good. It will be a nice quilt when you finish it. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness! That Hopscotch quilt is going to be breathtaking! Great color choices, too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the colours of your hopscotch quilt and the Zakka zig zag bag is going to so beautiful in those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your Hunter's Star quilt variation is beautiful. You've given it the name of Hopscotch, which is a fun way to designate that clear center block--love it! And judging from all the comments, it's a hit in blogland as well.

    This reminds me that I should get out my Hunter's Star quilt and get going on it--thanks for the motivation!

    Elizabeth E.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I *love* your hopscotch quilt! so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my goodness! I love the fabrics and look of your hopscotch quilt. I don't usually do patterns, but that might have to be one exception. Yours looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I too LOVE the looks and colors of the hopscotch quilt. I just picked up the Zakka Style book and I am excited about the sew along. I think I will make all the projects and give away the ones I can bear to part with.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your Hopscotch colours. It's going to look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete