Thursday, April 12, 2012

Zakka Along Week 2 :: The House Pouch

I honestly had no plans last night of finishing project #2 of the Zakka Style Sew Along - The House Pouch. But it had crossed my mind to change things up a bit and make a patchwork roof for the little house, so I started on that, and before I knew, it was past my bedtime and the pouch was done.
So with some Kaufman's Quilter's Linen in Stone, and bits of Ruby and Vintage Modern, the little pouch became. Veering off on my own path, I made square windows with vintage frames, placed a little "Made with Love" charm as a door knob (which of you sent me those? perfect!), and finally added a shoulder strap sized just right for a little girl.
And unknowingly until I was right in the midst of it, I did something that has been on my W.i.P. Wednesday list for weeks - a zipper without end tabs. Yay. I was thinking I might not make this little project, but now I'm certainly glad that I did.

Linking up with TNT Thursday and Finish It Up Friday; and I'll also be linking up Sunday with Zakka Along Week 2 at LRstitched.

25 comments:

  1. I like your version of the house pouch much more than the orginal one! Did you make it for your garnddaughter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love little bits of patchwork, this is a lovely adaptation that suggests shingles on the roof! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! I've been thinking about joining in this sew along, it would be a great excuse to buy the book.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so sweet. I love all your own personal touches to make it even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice colors with the Stone Linen, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This little guy is adorable. I love the pieced roof!!! And way to go on that zipper!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, Debbie! Love the patchwork roof. I actually haven't seen the original, but this has to be much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! Congrats on figuring out the zippers, that's on my list of things to learn how to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, I wasn't going to make this project either but now that I've seen how cute YOURS turned out I just may have to ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! The patchwork roof looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, don't you hate when projects creep up on you like that ;o) It looks fab anyway

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job! Love the patchwork 'tiled' roof and the 'charm' door knob- lovely personal touches! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very very sweet! Is this going to be for your grandbaby?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! It's turned out so well. Seriously cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who can resist a patchwork roof and a strap to make it swing from your shoulder? Darn cute! I wish I knew how to attach straps because I sure would like to have put some on my version now after seeing yours. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the idea of turning this into a child's purse. My girls would LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet! I Love the patchwork roof.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Damnit Debbie!!! You freakin' make the cutest things!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is precious! I love the roof tiles! I have 2 little girls... I think I need to go find that pattern! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So adorable. I'm like you...was not too sure I'd make this one, but then I fell in love with all the variations I saw. Was done with mine quickly, too, and am so glad I did it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute! Some little girl will be very happy.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one staying up late to finish a project!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had no plans to do this, but now.........

    ReplyDelete