I started with 2 1/2" squares, guessing at Jacquie's dimensions. Next came 1 1/2" solid strips to frame the center. After a little trial and error, I used 4x10" rectangles for the next round. Then came the trimming to make the potholders wonky. Like Jacquie, I filled each with two layers of batt (spray-baste made this quick and easy), then straight-line quilted the potholders and gave them a final trim. Binding was a breeze, which I coordinated with the center squares. Then came the real challenge of this project - the grommets, but I'll share that more in a future post.
These were really fun, and I'd definite make them again. Meanwhile, they needed to be gift-wrapped! So of course, I hunted down Jeni's lined drawstring bag pattern. This time I made "The Project Bag", which measures 13" tall. The body of the bag is Summersault by Erin McMorris; the accent, Running Stitch by Michael Miller (love this new stripe!), and the bag is lined with some lovely Cherry Fizz by Barbara Jones of QuiltSoup. From start to finish, this bag came together in around an hour, and I'm partial to the look and ease of using chevron twill tape for ties, that I get from pinked fabrics.
It was great fun to make this little parcel for my mom. And she loved it all. yay.
Linking up with little quilt monday, One Thing, One Week Challenge :: Week 13, and Fabric Tuesday.