Wednesday, June 27, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday

I'm feeling pretty good as W.i.P. Wednesday rolls around - having a finish I'm really pleased with, a couple of new small projects done, and blocks pulled out of the stash! Definitely can't complain about that! 

Completed projects
Solstice Stars - What started as "Solstice Star" blocks was transformed into The Stars of Summer {full post}, and I must say, I'm tickled with the finished quilt, plus really enjoyed playing with some of the elements.

"Read" Book Bag - It was a pleasure to help Michelle of City House Studio by pattern testing her book bag pattern {full post}. 

Zakka Style Sew-Along project #13: Patchwork Pot Holders {full post}

I chose a block for my month (July) of the Modern Blocks Bee and sent off fabric! The block I chose is Binary by Angela Pingel. This picture doesn't do it justice, but the background is KONA Ash, and I chose a variety of cool solids to send my bee mates. Pretty exciting stuff! 
Binary - MY block in the Modern Blocks Bee

I decided to go for it and made a page on facebook for A Quilter's Table! It seems like a fun avenue to share more quiltyness and maybe even more discussion. Feel free to stop by!

Ongoing projects
4x5 Quilt - I dug my blocks from rounds 1, 2, and  3 back out of the closet, and have them pressed and up on the design wall to see them all together. Sorry that Blogger seems to be having trouble uploading pictures right now, so the short of it is, I need two more blocks to have enough for the quilt top. So I made "Criss-Cross Triangles" by Amanda Sasikirana, and "Just Passing Through" by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr. I think you'll agree they are great additions to the blocks I already have from my bee mates. {here, here, and hereFraming is cut, and this quilt is my project of the moment.
Criss-cross Triangles

 Just Passing Through 

And Tuesday at the {summer} Table ends tonight, so if you have a summer recipe or table/kitchen project you want to link up, do so soon! And take a peek at the links - so many great recipes and several quilted projects, including a rash of awesome potholders! A random winner will be announced tomorrow, and I have a new theme planned for July, so stay tuned . . .

Upcoming projects
* more Zakka
* QWERTY variation
* a quilt to coordinate with my Christmas tree skirt - Christmas in July??
* scrappy Metrolink
* Plus quilt for my sister-in-law - waiting to see her palette
* Tutorial for pieced binding
* Always Bee Learning July block NEW
* EZ Dresden Challenge project - maybe?? NEW
* baby quilt - fabric on its way NEW

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday where Felicity is hosting today, while Lee is taking a well-deserved break.

17 comments:

  1. As always, lots of fun finishes, Debbie! The new blocks look great. I really like the triangles block and was just looking at it last night in the book wondering how it would look in other fabrics. Can't wait to hear you July plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great Debbie! I especially love the bags...I'm gonna have to try that pattern out! Nice job on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grey and orange blocks are fabulous! That's going to be another stunning quilt! There is something about grey and orange that really appeals to me...I have very little in my stash! I need to remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is lovely and the 4 x 5 quilt will be too. I love the grey and orange combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bee quilt will look so cool - great block and colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your 4x5 blocks! And thanks for the reminder--I need to make something with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, so many great finishes. That book bag is one of my faves I think - when she releases that pattern I'll be making one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your orange and grey blocks look fun Debbie. Hmmm I wonder what you are up to.........

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects as always, Debbie! I'm just finishing up my "read" test bag as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great quilt, and other items! You've been busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woot, that's a fab set of finishes too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some great finishes there! Loving the blocks in the ongoing projects =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie, everything is looking fabulous! Your colour choices for the modern blocks bee are fantastic - it's going to be a great quilt!

    Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday and for your kind comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Everything is gorgeous! Love the bag and love the criss cross triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots going on this week! I like your Bee choices - both the new one and the new old ones.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Soltice Stars....It's a beautiful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your Summer Stars and all of your great projects. I've made the binary block for bees too. It's simple but striking.

    ReplyDelete