Tuesday, August 21, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday

It seems like everything's on a small scale lately, project-wise. I'm hoping to start on something larger before next W.i.P. Wednesday. 

Completed projects
Zakka Style Sew-Along project #20: Little Pocket Pillowcase - This one was fun (the patchwork and the French seams) and frustrating (my wrong-size pillow, plus the bear). But it finished up pretty sweet, and you can read all about it here.

100 Quilts donation quilt - A kid-size quilt called "Sweet Baby Girlie". 

 Little Baby Bibs - These little drool bibs were a fun little baby gift.

*Picture-Perfect* Polaroid Block Swap blocks - Whew! While packages keep coming in, I finally finished my blocks. 115 ready to swap!
 

August do.Good Stitches blocksAugust Always Bee Learning blocks, and August Modern Blocks Bee block - I really enjoyed making all of this month's blocks, all new patterns to me.

Ongoing projects
Zakka Style Sew-Along project #21: Sweet Memories Photo Frame - I hate to tell you how long it took me to get this far! But I have the two sides pieced, and one sashiko-d together! Reading ahead to step #6 on p. 98, I can't envision what the craft paper's purpose is, and can these pieces be cut like from a grocery bag? If someone can enlighten me, I'd sure appreciate it. Meanwhile, stay tuned. Hopefully I can pull this one off.

Improv log-cabin quilt - No progress unfortunately.

Upcoming projects
* more Zakka - only four more to go!
* a quilt to coordinate with my Christmas tree skirt
* scrappy Metrolink
* Plus quilt for my sister-in-law - I was mistaken; it's really a Modern Cross quilt using Susan Beal's pattern.
* EZ Dresden Challenge project - still hoping - at least I have wedges cut now!

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday, guest hosted by Rebecca of Pieces and Cream.

19 comments:

  1. Oh your pillow and bear is very sweet!

    Loving all those polaroid blocks! My goodness, I admire your staying power making 115 of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little Zakka bear is so cute - and I love the quilt and your polaroid blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of work! And I love all of it! Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 115! Woah! Love your pocket pillow - I know a small girl who would love one, I may need to actually make a zakka project instead of procrastinating :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the photo frame! I have read some 'interesting' comments about it in blogland! Love your fabric choices for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow - you've been busy! love the polaroid blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy would be an understatement! I love your Sweet Girlie quilt, those are some fabulous fabrics for a sweet quilt like that! Your Polaroids are so darned cute, too, can't wait to see you put them all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, lots of little projects have certainly kept you busy! They're all looking very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another busy week for you with a lot of great projects. Looking forward to seeing all the swappers projects with their Polaroid blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, I can only imagine how many bazillion polaroid blocks you are having to sort ;) Love the pillow- so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm, another interesting Zakka project!! I'm interested to see how that comes together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know how you keep all these great projects sorted out! I would love to see a picture of your sewing room. Mine would look like a bomb hit it.
    Looking forward to that Polaroid quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, poor maligned bear ;o) Your projects all look great anyway, looking forward to seeing your next big move!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Sweet Baby Girlie quilt!! Looking forward to my swapped Polaroid Blocks. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always have such amazing projects going on! Love the baby girl quilt, and your Zakka projects are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such fun projects I love the 'Sweet Baby Girlie' quilt! =D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm waiting for the week you get nothing done ;) Seriously they are all gorgeous projects! Love those little bibs and the pillow is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The little bear is adorable! And I like your start on the picture frame, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, Debbie. That's a lot of really great projects, I especially like the quilt you made for 100 quilts for kids.

    ReplyDelete