Thursday, March 21, 2013

Random Once More

Some seriously good randomosity out in blog-land lately!

I was blown away by the Double Sided Binding Tina at Seaside Stitches did this week! You know I love my creative binding, and this method by The Pattern Basket is on my list to try!

Amy of Badskirt had a thoughtful post about how she uses fabric. I thoroughly enjoyed the "Q&A" and it gave me much to think about. I hope you get a chance to read it {here}.

Too early one morning this week I found myself watching a video on Modern Quilting with Precuts that I came across on Pile O'Fabric. My precut purchases are usually limited to the occasional charm pack, but it was helpful to see the improv technique, as well as the piecing of the new Moda Honeycombs. (Has anyone tried the Honeycombs yet?)



And speaking of charm packs, a bunch of my blog buddies are participating in a blog hop focusing on just that!
Charm Madness at Sew Lux Fabric
You may have already seen some of the projects, as it began on Tuesday. Here's the schedule. So far, I've seen Clover & Violet's darling lunch bag and some delightful placemats from SewCraftyJess.


Another quilt-along that's coming up is Freshly Pieced's bloom bloom pow! One of my favorite quilts I've made was quilted along with Lee, and I know this will be a good time!
bloombloompow

Finally a big event to put on your calendar is the next Giveaway Day! More details will follow over on Sew, Mama, Sew!, but let's just say it's always a very fun event!

10 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your randomness today. I looked at your suggested posts and learned a few things. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, give away day again, although I guess it is a month away. Interesting stuff here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like your randomness Debbie. Don't you think that doing binding that way would make extra bulky corners? Does look like an interesting thing to try though! i love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really looking forward to when our shoppe gets the precuts hexies. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you for keeping me "in the know!" LOL I am such a sucker for quilt alongs, I will have to join in that one, it is so pretty! Oh and that binding, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the information. I like to be updated through you.
    I got one of those honeycomb packages yesterday. I saw the video and wanted to try the technic. I am really curious what others do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, wonder if you can use a honeycomb pack in place of a charm pack for the madness, then you have an excuse to buy some :oD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm supposed to be using some hex's in my Madrona Road quilt that I haven't quite gotten too. The video was pretty cool about the honeycomb technique! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stuff, Debbie. I loved Amy's article too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great randomness--of course I had to check out the double-sided binding and search out the selvage quilt. I'll check out Amy's post.Thanks for all the info, and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete