Monday, September 26, 2016

Mad Dash

So I did a little more pattern-testing last week, this time for Michelle/Factotum of Arts [ml_wilkie]. The pattern is for Mad Dash, a subtle geometric quilt (see #maddashquilt). With four size variations available, I opted for the 20" pillow. Though I loved how Michelle used a mix of low-volume prints for her original Mad Dash quilt, I chose just one - a favorite I've had stashed for a while - Make Drafts Paper by AGF Studio. For the 'dashes' I used an Interweave Chambray in Pepper.


The piecing went really quick, and for quilting, I did an uneven grid in two directions.



I backed the pillow with more of the chambray, and I kinda love that deep contrast.


And one little side note .... my backing fabric wasn't quite wide enough, so I pieced it! Rather than let it seem a mistake of sorts, I top-stitched on both sides of the seam, making it appear as a design detail. It made me happy at least. 


So it shouldn't be long before Michelle releases her latest pattern. I went pretty simple with my choices this time, but the pattern has lots of flexability. Peek here at what jskarritt is doing with hers!

7 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of this pattern and the neutral tones you chose !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how the LV print has an abstract feel to it in the pillow due to the pattern as well. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fabrics you used! I am just finishing up a couple of pillows, myself, so naturally I am into seeing what pillows everyone is doing now! Love yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this! The background fabric you choose is just beautiful. what a fun pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Debbie! Love the improv look to this and your choice of fabrics was spot on to really make this a beauty. Your quilting was the perfect finish too. Totally smitten with this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this pillow and the pattern would be a perfect match for my new pillows...The chambray quilting is wonderful I think I will test it soon.

    ReplyDelete