Monday, August 14, 2017

The Pincushion Parade Continues

The #pinnieparade, a daily pincushion party hosted by Cheri/@tinkerellen, marches on and has been such a good chance to try some new designs in miniature - some improvisational, and some with patterns created by others. Week one can be seen in a prior post, and here are the ones I've posted over the last week!

Day 8 - This little (3 1/2") #pincushion started with some tiny squares I found in my scrap basket and I really have no idea where they came from. But they were a perfect find for an improv nine-patch, and I had alot of fun with it.



Day 9 - This one is an oldie but a goodie using the Hexy Bee pattern from badskirt.



Day 10 - I'd been wanting to try Anna/noodlehead's Wagon Wheel Pincushion Tutorial for a while, and I'm glad I did!



Day 11 - From Amanda Jean/crazy mom quilts' Plenty of Pincushions Vol. 1 came 'Sailboats', one of my favorites so far, pieced from the scraps on my cutting table the night I made it. Oh yeah.



Day 12 - Another oldie, but still one I really like alot was miniaturized from Leanne/she can quilt's Canvas pattern, and a perfect foil for Leanne's signature matchstick quilting.



Day 13 - A second one from Amanda Jean/crazy mom quiltsPlenty of Pincushions Vol. 1 is the paper-pieced Pineapple block made from Anna Marie Horner voile. Yummy.


Day 14 - And finally for the end of this second week are Triangle pincushions from Carolyn Friedlander's Crew Pincushion Pattern. I made the larger one, and it was SO quick and fast, I had to try the medium one right away. I never would have guessed these were so simple to whip together!



So, nearly half-way through the month and going strong. Fingers crossed I can keep up the momentum.

5 comments:

  1. it's so much fun seeing everyone's pin cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a nut for cute little pin cushions and these are delightful!
    Happy stitching!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sailboats is still my favourite from your parade ! Good luck for the second half of the month !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the variety of color and design and stitches in these pincushions.
    Super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are precious. I bought the stuffing for a pincushion but since I don't use one, I've never actually made one. I think they are soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete