Wednesday, June 28, 2023

2023 Summer Sewalong

Started back in 2021 during the #100daysummersewalong, I'm finally circling back to my hand-pieced bow-tie quilt for this year's Summer Sewalong with Jenn @sewfinethreadgloss.


With the 53" square quilt top fully pieced, next up is hand-piecing the quilt back, then basting. I found the perfect Aurifil 12wt 4093 [Jade] for hand-quilting, and I'm really looking forward to that. It's been a while!

If you want to follow along, I'm planning on periodic weekend updates on Instagram, which I'll always tag with #aqtbowtiequilt. Also, to see what others are working on, check out #2023summersewalong. I'm really, really hoping I can make good momentum on this project, as it's been a long time in the works!

3 comments:

  1. Your hand pieced bow tie quilt is gorgeous! I like the jade thread too, good choice.
    You are Tenacious, I imagine you're getting skilled with hand piecing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jade looks perfect and I am definitely going to enjoy seeing your weekly updates. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the perfect thread color. Good luck with your progress and I hope you will enjoy it! xo

    ReplyDelete