Friday, June 9, 2023

Embroidered Needle Books

Well I didn't expect to be back quite so soon. But here I am with my embroidered needle books, made with the embroidered squares from my recently finished Garden Path sampler. The hard part was already done, so they went together quite quickly! 



Backed with squares of Essex Linen in Natural and lined with coordinating prints from scraps and stash, they are each just under 4" square when closed. 


I purchased felt from PixieFibers for the interior 'pages' - 8" x 12" sheets European 100% Wool Felt, 1.2 mm thick. Like on my Strawberry Needle Book, I opted for no closure since they are so small. 


Anyway, it feels good to finish a Dropcloth sampler and turn it into something usable in short order. Do you have a favorite?

  



5 comments:

  1. I can't decide between the clovers and flowers, but they are all great. Needle books are so handy. The one I use does not have a closure either and has worked well for years and years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so beautiful! I love them all, but since I have to pick, I would choose the flowers in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Essex Linen and European Wool Felt to finish your Embroidered Needle Books, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are a very beautiful designs that you did. They have a very good appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute--loved them all. Once again...inspiring! You do great work and I appreciate the quicky tutorial. Much love!

    ReplyDelete