Friday, June 2, 2023

May Fabric Usage

After April feeling kind of sluggish, May wasn't much different. I did have two small quilt finishes - Verve and Afterthought and finished an Hourglass lap-quilt - AND a new bag. Besides that, it was bee blocks, guild giving blocks, and a new stash of bookmarks for our Little Free Library. That doesn't sound too bad all listed out like that.

As far as incoming stash, I enjoyed an impromptu stop at Over the Rainbow fabric shop not long ago. They kindly stayed a little late for my friend, Chandra @bestcoasty and I, who were in the area to visit the PNW Quilt & Fiber Arts Museum. Though completely overwhelmed by the selections, I grabbed a few cuts as a courtesy - 1 yard each of Cotton Couture Acid, Free Spirit Tango, and Charley Harper Barkcloth Cactus Needles. Something about those rich colors just called to me.

And I thought that would be it. But wouldn't you know, the Century Solids rainbow bundle I won from Pantone Quilt Challenge 2023 sponsor, Andover, arrived. I actually didn't know it was a rainbow bundle until I received it, but how happy is that? I haven't done much in rainbow, so I'm looking forward to it.


So, some unplanned fabric purchases, but all stuff I can use, for sure. Here's my May totals:

May Fabric Usage
Used up: 14.23 yards
Brought in: 9.25 yards
Net: -4.98 yards

And just to put things in perspective, I have a net of nearly 40 yards used for the year so far. So that's feeling pretty good. Definitely still progress.

3 comments:

  1. Using up over 40 yard for the year so far is amazing, in my book. The selections from Over the Rainbow are delightful and it will be fun to see how you use the Century Solids rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I was going to feel sorry for you, thinking you didn't create much during the month of May, but MY GOODNESS! 14 yards USED in a month!? How in the world did you DO that?! I am terribly impressed! I keep thinking I'm using/managing stash well, but wow. You knock my socks off! No way could I ever use 40 yards of fabric in one year, let alone five months. You are simply amazing, Debbie. By the way, I love, love, love, the fabrics (that acid!) you bought, and your win - congratulations! - is a gorgeous pile of rainbow. Not sure I need to wish you "happy productivity." You've got that already, in spades!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure come to realize your sluggish months are not what I would call that. You always have so many projects including smaller ones - but they do add up! Big congrats on your fabric "balance" but also on your amazing win. Enjoy! xo

    ReplyDelete