Tuesday, August 1, 2023

July Fabric Usage

Well, my fabric usage stats kind of took a hit this month. For one, I did a bit of a Kona Solids restock + Kona Sheen in Tinsel to include in my Both Sides Now. But seriously, some of those 'basics' do need refreshed once in a while, right?

And then after making my friend an On-the-Go Project Bag last month, I'd fallen in like with the floral I'd used for the lining. I couldn't find any more of the yellow, but did procure a yard of Andover Fabrics Makower UK Jewel Tones Floral in Teal to stash. Yeah, that was just for me.


Finally, I needed some solid options to finish up my Bee Sewcial Albersesque quilt top. And yes, I pulled out stacks of fabric from stash to make sure I didn't already have something (and enough) that would work already on hand. Nope. Thus I ordered several yards of green and yellow to consider. 


So it is what it is. These are my worst stats so far this year. But things are on the horizon, so I'm fine with it. Sewing on!

July Fabric Usage
Used up: 7.56 yards
Brought in: 12.50 yards
Net: -4.94 yards

4 comments:

  1. Overall, your net for the year is still almost 5 yards of used up, which is great in my book. Plus, there is so much potential in the fabrics you added! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Yvonne. Still more used up than brought in! And just one month with a finish or two without new additions will already tip the scale a lot in the other direction again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that floral in teal and yellow is gorgeous. Florals like that are a good excuse to start a new project anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love each of the fabrics you bought, and sure understand the necessity of doing so. No doubt, each of us fabric-trackers have moments when stashed fabrics just won't do. Still, I know you're ahead of the game, and that's the overall goal. Keep making beautiful things! I'm still pondering getting the On-the-Go bag pattern and will likely buy a used copy of the book.

    ReplyDelete