Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Ainsley Crossbody Bag

Before I jumped in to the Pantone Quilt Challenge, I wanted to take some time to make myself a new bag. Svetlana of Sotak Handmade had recently released a new pattern - the Ainsley Crossbody Bag - and I wanted to give it a try!

For fabric, I used selections from a fat-quarter bundle new to the stash, the Afternoon Bliss bundle from Fabric Bubb:

  • Meadow in Dusk from Dusk Fusion by Bonnie Christine for Art Gallery for the exterior
  • Aerial in Clay from Gathered, also by Bonnie Christine for the interior zippered pocket lining
  • Freckles in Acorn from Cotton + Steel for the exterior zippered pocket lining

It's kind of difficult to show the details off well, but there are three zippers in this small (9" x 6.25") bag - the main one on top, one under the front flap, and one on the inside pocket. All were made with black stripe zipper by the yard from Sullivans Trim. Zipper by the yard is fairly new to me, but this product is lovely, and I was successful in getting the pulls on!



On the back, there's a patch pocket, where I added silver rivets to the top corners.


I had substituted leather lacing for the strap loops at the sides of the bag, then stole the leather handle off my current bag and just clipped it right on. I'm a little concerned the bag might be just a bit small for my needs, but I'll try it out at least. It just turned out SO CUTE.

3 comments:

  1. It definitely turned out cute! I saw that pattern, too, but wondered if it would be too small for what I need, although I don't need a big bag. I'm pretty low key when it comes to what I carry in my bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pattern by Svetlana! And beautiful finish. I like the lining fabric choice and the zipper by the yard sounds like it's doable, good. I know who to ask if I give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Svetlana is in your quilt guild chapter, right? No doubt you learn of her new pattern directly from her. Well, it sure turned out cute! Your addition of rivets, and that leather strap make it look professionally made. Like you, I'm always concerned about making a bag that suits my needs - not too small; not too big. I hope you've hit on the perfect size because this looks great!

    ReplyDelete