Thursday, March 14, 2024

My Peach Fuzz

Better late than never, I now have a Pantone swatch of this year's Color of the Year, Peach Fuzz (thanks to my daughter, Rachel @snippetsofsweetness!) and a small assortment of possible fabric matches, the first step in my participation of this year's Pantone Quilt Challenge 2024, hosted by Sarah @bysararuiz and Elizabeth @elizabethkray.

First up, the solids! Sarah and Elizabeth shared a generous list of possibilities, which led me to order the following (l-r):

  • Kona Ice Peach
  • Kona Peach
  • Cantaloupe Bella Cotton Solid 
  • Art Gallery PURE solid in Peach Sherbet
  • RJR Fabrics Apricot Ice 

I see that the list Sarah and Elizabeth shared has been updated since I ordered my fabrics to declare PURE Solids (Art Gallery) Georgia Peach or Shrimpy as the closest matches they have found. But of the five solids I have, I definitely think the top option - RJR Cotton Supreme in Apricot Ice - is the closest match. I'm not going to be ordering any more fabric at this point, so I'll just declare Apricot Ice as my top choice, knowing full well it's not a perfect match.

Just fyi, when I compared the swatch with (l-r below) Kona Ice Peach and Kona Peach, the brand I regularly use, Ice Peach was closer, but much lighter.

Just for fun, I had ordered a few fabrics that were either a print or not 100% cotton (l-r):

  • Brussels Washer in Creamsicle, which I was thinking was a linen-cotton blend, but it's actually a linen-rayon blend
  • Thatch in Melon
  • Grid in Blush
I was surprised (and disappointed) how poorly they coordinated with the swatch or my preferred solid. OH well.


At any rate, I have a decent assortment of peachy fabrics to start with. Now to decide on a design and what, if any, other colors I want to add to the mix. So stay tuned!


p.s. Are you participating in the challenge? If so, what fabrics are you using? Inquiring minds want to know!

4 comments:

  1. Peach Fuzz is a good name for the color as it does seem to have quite an orange undertone to it. I look forward to seeing where you head with the challenge this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Peachy colours, these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always surprised at how I can look at two fabrics separately and think they match, but then put together, they don't. It's one of my favorite things to mess around with, coming up with color combinations. You have a nice stash of peach fabrics - I'm looking forward to seeing your challenge piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neither Elizabeth or I had an AGF color card so we made a guess -- and then I ordered one! That's why we updated the list. Georgia Peach and Shrimpy are by far the closest matches I've found in any solid line thus far. But never fear, your fabrics all definitely fall into the "Peach Fuzz-ish" category and are therefore fine. :)

    ReplyDelete