Friday, March 15, 2024

The Cozy | Hemming

My Cozy quilt is finished! SO different than my typical quilting project, it was absolutely a joy to do.

After all the hand-stitching and cutting away the shapes, it was time for trimming the edges, and surprisingly, that was one of the most worrisome parts of the process. Where the center fabric and my stitching ended weren't always completely the same, and because of that, I chose to make a 3/4" hem rather than the suggested 1/2". But it all worked out! The hemming itself was fun to do, and I used several colors of Wonderfil perle8 for that, just like I had throughout the stitching of the quilt. I've come to love the trimmed 3/4" 'tails' even on the binding.


Just for fun, I'll give you a glimpse of the back, where my stitches show up pretty well, I think.


So that's a wrap! I kinda miss stitching on it already!


Past Cozy quilt posts, for reference:

2 comments:

  1. It looks delightful and like it will definitely be cozy to curl up under and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how this turned out. The colors are so cozy and warm and inviting. It just calls for a good book and a warm cup of coffee/tea and a good snuggle.

    ReplyDelete