Friday, March 22, 2024

Pantone Quilt Challenge Inspiration and Fabric Pull

Seems I'm having a slow start on my Pantone project this year, but I have been thinking about it. In fact I have an initial fabric pull to go along with my peach fuzz, (l-r) Konas Black, White, Ruby, Orchid Ice, Raisin, Terracotta, and RJR Apricot Ice. 


It feels unique, even to me, and was inspired by a palette I found by Artcoast Studio @artcoast on Pinterest. I kept coming back to it, so I finally just decided to try it.

Meanwhile, my design inspiration is a vintage rug I pinned from Chairish @chairishco years ago. Unfortunately I can't find it on their site anymore, so have no better credit.


I'm keeping things pretty simple (I think), as time is flying by, but I just began sewing some stripes, so we'll see where they take me.

5 comments:

  1. I like the color pull. I look forward to seeing how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see Ruby is included in your palette and look forward to seeing where the inspiration and piecing takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your design inspiration looks similar to some of Annie Albers' weaving. This project is going to be an exciting adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very interesting color palette - a unique combination of colors. Apricot Ice is certainly unusual-looking. It makes me think of baby food carrots, though that could be due to my computer screen colors! Your design inspiration seems doable, and I am sure this is gonna be another good-looking quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabrics will work well in the stripey design.

    ReplyDelete