Saturday, April 7, 2012

Saturday Random

Just a bit o'randomness today . . .

Did you all see that Ruby by Bonnie & Camille for Moda is the 2012 Fatquarterly Modern Madness champion? Wow, what an exciting 'season' finish it was, following along on my bracket. Congrats to Ruby!

Elizabeth of OccasionalPiece-Quilt! posted yesterday about the similarities between the Hopscotch quilt I am working on, and a more traditional Hunter's Star. {here}

And I loved seeing my little solid bag featured on Jeni's favorites yesterday at In Color Order (pattern by Jeni).
A Tiny Bag

Lastly and most random of all, some of you wanted to see the little clock I ordered for my office (on my April list here). Well it came yesterday!
It is just perfect and exactly what I wanted! It is called a 'Splat' clock, and came from Keith Moore's etsy shop, PILOTdesign. A great product, quick delivery, and to top it off, a hand-written note. Can't beat that.

Have a great day, friends. Son surprised us by coming home for the weekend(!). Best surprise ever!

7 comments:

  1. Interesting! When I first saw Hopscotch, the triangles into the stars reminded me of the Hunter's Star. I even wondered if I could replicate it with my Hunter's Star ruler. But the rest of the block really doesn't - I think it's the triangle size, like she said, that really changes the "feel" of the block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And hello, not enough coffee yet. The triangles into stars are actually diamonds into stars. You'd think I'd remember this, having made two Hunter's Stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alas, I was an Echo supporter lol Although I did have Ruby going some of the way.

    Yay for the feature, it's so cute!

    Loving the splat clock.

    Enjoy the surprise son time :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the orange clock! But you knew I would. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "splat" clock is so cool Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your clock! And that bag and the colours in your Hopscotch quilt. Enjoy the time with your son!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeek--that clock is fabulous!

    So is your little bag--I'm completely enthralled with solids right now.

    ReplyDelete