Tuesday, April 10, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday

All sorts of odds and ends to share for W.i.P. Wednesday this week, which is kind of surprising with a busy {read: awesome} weekend with family.

Completed projects
Windows Improv table runner - After really struggling whether or not this project was going to 'work', it did! I posted and shared more pics here.


"The Everything Bag" - A little project I snuck in and can't resist showing off again. Yup, it's another one from Jeni's pattern {here}. Love it!

Zakka Style Sew-Along project #1: Zigzag Tote - Completed, posted here, and gifted already, plus featured as one of Sukie's favs {here}! Can't beat that!

Modern Blocks Bee April block - a "Potager" block from Modern Blocks, designed by Yvonne Malone of Yvonne Malone Studio.
Modern Blocks Bee - April 

Ongoing projects
First and foremost is Hopscotch - I have 58/77 blocks pieced, the backing purchased, and an appointment with my long-armer. Need to keep pushing through to get this top done!

Festival of Half Square Triangles - Still just pressing and trimming, while focusing more on other projects.

April do.Good Stitches - This month the FAITH Circle is making two zigzag quilts. I'm enjoying putting together my contribution - one gray zigzag strip, using 4" hst.


Hollywood Boulevard table runner for a friend - the focus fabric being French General by Moda. (I'll be using the same pattern as this runner.)

Upcoming projects
* FAITH Circle Pouch Swap
* more Zakka
* a quilt to coordinate with my Christmas tree skirt - On a Whim ??
* DS Quilts Doll Quilt Swap project - waiting on fabric
* scrappy Metrolink
* tutorial for pieced binding
* a zip pouch w/o zipper tabs - want to know this way too

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday . . .

30 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely stuff here this week (as usual)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects here. I'm not surprised that your zigzag bag was a fave--it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects! I am particularly enamored with the Hopscotch quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work for that week. I'm loving your Zickzack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table runner turned out really nice :) I still love your Hopscotch quilt - great progress for just one week. I bought the pattern last week after seeing yours but havn't started yet as I'm awaing some fabric to arrive on my doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Debbie you have been so creative! I love the quilt on your design wall - amazing and beautiful colours! Also for a change, white with grey look really wonderful and 'calming'!
    Happy sewing time! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have been busy! I especially love your hopscotch quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that was seriously productive for a family filled week! Good luck with the next things on the list :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, pretty grays :) Your Hopscotch quilt sure is moving right along, I love the colors you're using there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful projects, Debbie!
    I just love the Hopscotch quilt, it's nearly finished, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab work as usual. I have no idea how I missed the runner post, it's a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors on your Hopscotch quilt!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it all Debbie! That table runner is so great, and I love the fabrics in your everything bag, I just love that pattern also :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hopscotch quilt is lovely! Really caught my eye. I love the triangular pattern and green/gray color scheme. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another week of fabulous work, Debbie! Really love your fabric choice for hopscotch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is always nice to see all your projects, they all look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Still loving that runner! And the idea to do strips of zigzags for the bee, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many fun projects! I particularly like your Potager block. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your hopscotch quilt is really going to be something. I also love your zigzag quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything is looking good Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So many wonderful projects. Love the hopscotch quilt.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hopscotch is going to be so fabulous, Debbie! All your projects look great. And so fun that you got to spend time with your son!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Debbie, I'm always amazed at how much you get done! Bravo! Keep going! You're almost there with Hopscotch.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Debbie, I'm always amazed at how much you get done! Bravo! Keep going! You're almost there with Hopscotch.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That Hopscotch top is just so fantastic! Can't wait to see it completed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. i am in love with the Potager block you made:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing work! I love the idea of making a zig zag quilt with a group. How fun is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your Hopscotch so far! Making an appointment to get it quilted must be good motivation to keep working on it. Can't wait to see it done. :)

    ReplyDelete