Wednesday, April 18, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday

It's been a good sewing week, with several small projects to show for W.i.P. Wednesday.

Completed projects
Zakka Style Sew-Along project #2: The House Pouch - This little pouch was really alot of fun. You can read more about it here. In making it, I also completed another 'to do' on my upcoming projects list - a zip pouch without zipper tabs, so that was cool.

Zakka Style Sew-Along project #3: Zakka Pincushion - This quick little project is done and I'll post about it later this week.

Spiraled - This is my entry for the festival of half square triangles, and boy was it a fun one. A complete post on this quilt is here.

do.Good Stitches - For April, the FAITH Circle is making two zigzag quilts. I enjoyed putting together my contribution - one gray zigzag strip, using 4" hst. Thanks to the nice gray stack in my stash, I was able to use 14 different grays - some of my favs.

Ongoing projects
Hopscotch - The blocks are all pieced and I really need to get back to this!

Hollywood Boulevard table runner - Fabric is all cut, so I'll be working on this soon.

Upcoming projects
* Tutorial for pieced binding
* FAITH Circle Pouch Swap
* more Zakka
* DS Quilts Doll Quilt Swap project - fabric arrived!! And I think I have a plan.
* quilt using my 4x5 blocks from rounds 1, 2, & 3 NEW
* Solstice Stars quilt NEW
* a quilt to coordinate with my Christmas tree skirt - On a Whim ??
* scrappy Metrolink

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday . . .

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful, as always! I think the zig-zag is a great idea for do. Good Stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 14 greys?!? I think I have 3. But I could probably easily come up with that many green or orange. All your projects look great, especially the HST quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love your HST mini, that is just stunning! I'm right there with you on the greys, every time I go fabric shopping I have to pick up at least one or two, its such a perfect neutral! Great projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your HST Festival quilt - great layout!

    Also love the grey/white strip - one of my favorite combos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the greys! You have a fabulous selection of those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your festival entry quilt! The Zakka Style sewalong looks like it is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your festival entry and the fact that you have 14 grays makes me laugh. I had to buy some for some stash block swaps awhile back so now including 2 Kona solids I have 4! haha! Now if you asked me to include yellow or aqua fabrics, I'd be golden! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, your house pouch is super cute! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your HST quilt, that is a genius layout- super modern and fun. Sounds like you are on a HST roll with your strip and your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The grey HST strip is so stylish!Wonderful. And I love your 'spiraled' too

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the grey zig zag! 14 different greys sounds wonderful :) love the house pouch and spiraled quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely projects as always, Debbie. I may have to copy your spiraled project some day, when/if I feel inspired to do HSTs again! ha

    ReplyDelete
  13. The projects are all lovely and your wip list sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It has been a good sewing week for you! Can't wait to see what you do with Metrolink!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'm loving grays right now, and your HSTs are fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love your festival entry! so so pretty and soo clever! it has been a very productive week for you deb! it has been a busy work week for me so not much sewing has been done! saving it all up for saturday night...

    ReplyDelete