Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fresh Sewing Day

Overall, this summer has seen numerous "littles" created, and very few actual quilts, but it's been fun for a change, and I've tried all sorts of new (to me) patterns and techniques, so it's all good in my book. Fresh Sewing Day at Lily'sQuilts is, of course, an awesome way to show them all off!

The Zakka Sew-Along has been the instigator of weekly small projects. This month, it was two "I love it"'s to two "um, I'm not so sure about this." All still good fun though.

Bee blocks were minimal, but they were definitely enjoyable to put together.

And these two little polaroid blocks sent me off into the crazy arena of swap-hosting! The *Picture-Perfect* Polaroid Block Swap seems to have a life of its own, and I'm just anxious to see it through! What great participation in the swapping group!
polaroid blocks-untrimmed and trimmed

A couple of random littles - a triple-zip pouch I've been meaning to try for ages. I'm pretty pleased I was able to figure it out and I love the finish. Then there was another of Jeni's drawstring bags, my go-to bag pattern.
1. ">Triple-Zip Pouch front, 2. Lined Drawstring Bag

And though these aren't finished projects {yet}, they are important bits in my quilting journey, all from the Improvisational Patchwork class I took from Quilting Modern author, Katie Pedersen last weekend. Maybe next month I'll have a finish to show from this set. (I hope so!)

And there were two quilts this month - A Taste of Marmalade in baby-size . . .
A Taste of Marmalade

and my pride and joy this month, G.O. Modern. Finishing up this quilt with my 4x5 modern Quilt Bee blocks was a great feeling. The quilting alone was a major challenge and accomplishment for me, and it definitely has given me confidence to move ahead with my free-motion quilting. 
G.O. Modern
The photo-shoot itself was a highlight of my month as well. Talk about having the quilt in the right place at the right time. Of course you can see some of my fav shots in the blog post links above.


So it's been another full and productive month - just the way I like it!


Linking up with Fresh Sewing Day!

23 comments:

  1. It's been a great month for you! You got so much done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, you got hardly anything done there... ;o) I think your G.O. Modern is my favourite too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always impress me with your productivity Debbie! I'm glad you saved the best til last! Love the G.O. Modern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another storming month of makes for you! Gorgeous, all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of makes! The G.O Modern quilt is stunning :)

    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one of the most productive bloggers I "know".
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love it. and the color selection is great

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great month for you Debbie. And as usual, Fresh Sewing Day slipped through my radar. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! Just an amazing month and all the beautiful lovelies that you made! Congrats on such a marvelous month :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, I found you over at Lily's Quilts. What wonderful finishes! I love the last quilt with all those gorgeous blocks. Can't wait to see what you make next :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you got a lot done last month! loving all those linen inspired projects. Fantastic job on the quilts! =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous month! Happy to see that Bee quilt again :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is it possible that I live the G.O. Quilt even more each time I see it?!? All your projects are beautiful as usual - it is so fun seeing them all together like this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You got tons done in July. Puts me to shame. Really like the improv block in the bottom left of the mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! How do you do it?!? I'm convinced you don't sleep! Another fabulous month of makes, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! How do you do it?!? I'm convinced you don't sleep! Another fabulous month of makes, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have had a awesome month! I love that G.O. Modern quilt so much and all the other things this month too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous quilt. Some favorite blocks in there and the colors are divine. Watch out world, Debbie dropped her feed dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous quilt. Some favorite blocks in there and the colors are divine. Watch out world, Debbie dropped her feed dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much accomplished in one month! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My goodness.. Such much going on and it all looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete