Saturday, August 4, 2012

Random

Well it was nice to receive a couple of shout-outs from fellow bloggers last week - from my buddy Katie of Katie Mae Quilts, who talked about using left-over hst's, and mentioned how much she liked how I used them in "Spiraled".
And from Amanda from Material Girl, who shared a bunch of helpful quilting and sewing tips, including my tutorial for matched binding
Since these are two of my favorite quilts from this year, it's nice to know others are remembering them fondly. Thanks, Katie and Amanda!

And I keep meaning to report back about trying out "The Binding Tool"! I've used it on my last two quilts, and I like it - with one caveat: I've needed to watch Missouri Star Quilt Company's video both times. Which is fine by me - in the end, this tool really has helped me finish binding easily with very little bulk.
The Binding Tool Used for Quilt Binding

In swap news, Polaroid blocks are just rolling in. 
As of today, there are 72 swappers, I've received packages from 26 of them, for a total of 1304 blocks so far! Here are just some of the blocks I received this week!

24 comments:

  1. how amazing!!! i'm so glad this is so successful! Can't wait to get my polaroids back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I was thinking just that when I saw all those polaroids and read the numbers! If you aren't crazy now, you will be by the time you get these sorted! I wish I lived closer so I could come and give you a hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... The swap has really turned out a huge success :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie! I love your quilts, colours your designs! Wow, what happens with those Polaroida blocks - that sounds so much fun and exiting! I would love to make a Polaroid quilt (anyway it's in my list!). I'm thinking how many blocks you have made, if you have received more than thousand?! Have you an idea how many quilts they can make?
    Have a wonderful Sunday! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it goes with you just like Christmas! Every day, new letters, which you may make up!

    I found my in the box and I am pleased that he has arrived!

    Have a nice weekend,
    Greetings Uta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eek! I'm glad I'm not going to sort those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The binding tool is very neat but I also had to watch the video several more times than I'd like to admit. Love those polaroid blocks, so neat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crazy girl!! Love it though and love your HST quilt sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am with you on the binding tool! Eek! I have m ipad right in front of me with the video each time I use it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to see Spiraled again, I love that quilt. The polaroids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When ever I do binding I have to head over to Red Pepper Quilts blog and see how she does it....It looks like a great tool to have. Leftover HST's...oh I've got loads of them and so love your quilt....I may have to use them up ....one day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for the shout outs, and err, yeah, absolutely certifiable ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that's so cool! I really want to make some now, but working on other things first =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just cannot get over this polaroid swap you're doing! I won't call you crazy because I know that you never expected such a response. :) Wish I could help you sort and mail!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful quilt. I really like how you extended the HSTs into the border.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the mentions this week - they are both so great!
    My Polaroids are in production but...the factory is going on vacation tomorrow for about four days while the family and I go driving around California. Should be in the mail next Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG! You are amazing to put together this swap. I imagine it takes a lot of organization to keep everything straight! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those quilts deserved the shout outs and look at all those cool polaroid blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is bonkers, in the best possible way!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Would love to be included if you do the polaroids again! Thanks this looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete